I have had the benefit of working with people across all age ranges. My main interests are with the anxiety conditions and I believe in the benefits of teaching people to be self compassionate when distressed and struggling to cope.
I am a fully accredited Cognitive and Behavioual Psychotherapist and an accredited Clinical Supervisor. My professional accrediting body is the British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapists (BABCP).
Below is a summary of my main professional qualifications. I also keep my knowledge current by reading widely and attending numerous continuing professional development training days and workshops.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) 2013
- ACT and Mindfulness 12 week course validated by Hallam University (2012)
- Clinical Supervision for Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapists – Hallam University (2009)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Therapy (Salford Course Validated by University of Manchester) 2003-2004
- Introduction to short term CBT – University of York (2001-2002)
- Masters in Social Work 1996-1998 University of York
- Diploma in Social Work University of York
- Diploma in Counselling and Human Relations (1994-1996) Bradford And Ilkley Community College (Validated by Bradford University)
- Degree in Community Studies with Youth and Community Specialism (1990-1994)